Nameless Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nameless Guild Forums

Dragonica EU Nameless guild forums.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Enchant Success Rate Table
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:51 pm by Baka-God

» Undead Bone Set
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:03 pm by Admin

» PVP stats guide: best/suggested setups and equips for 40-50 tier!
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 am by Admin

» Archmage skillbuild
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:58 pm by Admin

» Character card stats guide
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm by Ascherit

» Set Drops
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:23 am by zeroone

» There it is! My guide for JoyToKey (avoids the crappy macro system too =D)
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:31 am by JustLimitK

» Pvp guide
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:46 pm by Admin

» [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 am by Leo

[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Claesbengt

Claesbengt

[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon Empty
PostSubject: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:28 am

Shhh. I didn't post this. Wink

Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon

[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon 1es3e9

Hello fellow guildies!

There's several people who have told me they would like to see how I built up my myrmidon.
And since I don't really want just ANYONE to see it, I'm asking you not to post this elsewhere. Smile

Please note that I only explain the skills I've actually spent points into, there's plenty of other guides that explain how skills work.

I'm simply going to explain how I use them
Smile

Okay, let's see.

I'll start off with my Warrior skills, and why I chose them.

Warrior skills:
[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon 25fk3eh

So, let's start with the left side.

• There's the obvious 1 point in Blow since it's a prequisite for both Cutdown and Storm Blade. Quite the useless skill, I've never used it for anything else then fun. Razz

• The next skill - Cutdown - is however quite useful sometimes. At level 3 it launches enemies to the max height and can be used as a launcher both in PvP and PvE.
    However, I rarely use this skill in PvP since aerial recovery is very easily activated once launched.
    One way to prevent that is to first use I'm Gone Bro, wait for a sec, then launch with Cutdown. That way the other player will be attacked during the entire "flight" and can't air recover.

• Storm Blade is one of the most used skills of a Myrmidon. It's a great comboer often used with Wyvern Blade.
    You should max this one, no doubt.

And now to the right side:

• Air Combo Launch - there's a funny trick with this skill (however it was even funnier before we got Aerial Recovery). When you get it to level 4+ it can actually hit people coming down from an air combo, and relaunch them while they're still airborne.
    I'm sure you can see the problem with air recovery here. Wink
    After Aerial Recovery was introduced I decided to set this skill to level one, as it is a prequisite for the (probably) most hated skill the Warrior Class has - Sword Dance.

• Put one point into Relaunch, as a prequisite.
    Never used it really. It has a very annoying minimum range thing going on. Didn't put much time into testing it, might do some day. Smile

• And lastly, Sword Dance - the skill I love the most with the Warrior Class.
    It's a great cast-canceller/catcher for PvP, can usually abort other player's skills and knock them down for a combo starter.
    You'll only need 1 point in this one, since higher levels only give more damage (which isn't much at all).

Gladiator skills
    [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon 15o88jc

Starting with the left side:

• Grizzly Power is almost useless unless you have REALLY HIGH STR.
    Here's the explanation: http://dragonica.mmosite.com/content/2009-09-04/20090904222000478.shtml
    Prequisite skill.

• Advanced Sword Mastery same as Grizzly Power, just it's not even very good even with High STR.
    Prequisite skill.

• Dashing Blow - pretty funny skill, don't use it too much though.
    It puts a DoT and a debuff on anyone hit by it(not very high damage, but the debuff decreases Max HP a bit for like 10 seconds).

• Now, I don't really see where I'd ever use Aerial Blow, since it's not high damage, and it let's the other player roll as soon as they land...
    I don't have an extensive explanation for this skill. I'm sure it's useful for SOMETHING. But I have no idea what! ;D

• I'm Gone Bro - now THIS is an interesting skill. Since there's about 1-2 seconds before it actually hits the enemy, it's quite the awesome combo starter, and awesome for not letting the other player air recover.

Practical example:
    Have a mate to try this on and tell him to try to use air recovery to get out of your combo.

Try doing this combo:
    Sword Dance > Death Bound > Storm Blade > Wyvern Blade (you could alternate which one of the Blades you want to use first, use what you'd prefer)
    You'll see it's quite easy to air recover right after you cast Death Bound.

Then try doing this instead:
    Sword Dance > I'm Gone Bro > Death Bound > Storm Blade > Wyvern Blade

You'll see there's not a chance in hell he'd get out of that combo with air recover, since he's simply being hit constantly.

This skill is simply a given skill to use in any air combo. Feel free to experiment with this, that's what I've been doing. Smile

Max this skill.

• Incoming Bro - great launcher, very long distance. Great for launching AMs from a distance, especially through those nasty Blizzards.
    Max this skill.

Note: This skill doesn't get useful until level 3-4 where it gets it's max launch height.

• Roulette is a great skill. It has (I think, at least) 6 different buffs that can activate. Most of them are useless, but some are really, REALLY useful!
    The two I find most useful are the one that gives you extra Crit Rate, the one that raises your Dodge Rate, and the one that gives you more HP/MP.
    Max this skill for longest duration (you can have 2 roulette buffs on all the time if you time it right).

• Stumblebum wow, where do I start?
    First off, this is just an awesome skill for a combo starter. Not only does it reduce Aim Rate by quite a lot, it also NEVER MISSES.
    I'm sure you have all experienced this, and it's quite the pain in the ass for the other player to be hit by this one.
    When I'm wearing my aim rate set, I get about 35 dodge rate, and that PLUS stumblebum's reduced aim rate usually makes people miss a lot with their skills.
    I'm sure you can se the usefulness of this great skill. Smile

M-A-X IT! (for an even greater Aim reduce)

• Acceleration - I use this sometimes with my Aim set, since it's really annoying having low attack speeds sometimes.
    Prequisite skill.

• HP Recovery gives a sweet boost to your HP.
    HP is key for a good PvP Myrmidon, otherwise people might 1-combo-kill you, and that's not gonna get you anywhere!
    Max this skill.

Before I continue with the next set of skills, namely the Myrmidon ones, I want to point out that I am NOT max level, so therefore I haven't finished my build yet.
    If you read the skill descriptions it'll show how many points I will put into them. Smile

OR, if you're lazy, just look here:
    http://dragonica.db.mmosite.com/tools/?md=1&b=12&lv=65&str=1012151000111051155550555110155050

EDIT: Found a little problem with my build, removed 1 point in Cutdown to get the last level of Raising Storm.

Myrmidon skills:
    [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon 2djz76w

Left side:

• Sharpness Blade gives quite a good damage boost, and if you've read the stuff in the link i referred to earlier (http://dragonica.mmosite.com/content/2009-09-04/20090904222000478.shtml) you'll see why I'd max it. Smile

Otherwise, if you trust me, max this.

• Gust Slash - great damage dealer, always use this one after a successful SD (once the enemy stands up again)

• Bloody Roar - now this one is really really interesting. This skill doesn't really work like you'd expect.

If you're having trouble fighting those Ninjas and Priests that sleep and frog you all the time, read this!

This skill hits your character every 5 seconds, so since both sleep and frog are CANCELLED by damage, you'll probably see where the usefulness of this skill comes in handy.

People usually go "hacker, cheater, potter(those pots you can buy in the later areas, which DON'T work, btw)" but it's (as far as I know) a completely legit side effect of this skill.

However, there is a downside to this skill too.
    It reduces your armor a lot, which makes you a lot more vulnerable to damage, so I usually only activate it in the beginning of a match, and then turn it off as soon as he/she casts sleep (exception for Priests, where I'd keep it on for the whole match)

Also beware of the long cooldown (30 sec) before you can reactivate it after deactivating it.

Simply put - this skill let's you come out of sleep/frog mode every 5 seconds, will help a lot against sleeploggers Wink

• Magnum Break - more or less a useless skill. I heard it has some debuff which lowers your max MP. Not very useful (as far as I've seen).
    Prequisite skill.

• Death Bound is a great launching skill, but it's very easily escaped with air recovery. This can be fixed by using I'm Gone Bro before casting it (as explained earlier).
    This skill has a nasty debuff, which gives a percentage minus to all attributes.
    I havn't got the exact numbers, but they're really really high. Should be around -20% to -40%, all depending on skill level.

There's also a little trick to help you out next round with this skill, since if you kill your opponent with the debuff active on him, he will only have around 70% of his max HP at the start of next round.
    This helps A LOT in duels, try finishing each round with death bound if possible. Smile

Hits airborne at rank 3 (lvl 49)

Max this skill.

Right side:
  • Physical Training - another HP boost skill. Doesn't give as much as it says, but it's still worth it if you ask me.
    Max this skill.

• Whirlwind
    Pretty useful in PvE. Not very useful in PvP since you lose control of your character for a few seconds, leaving you vulnerable to attacks.
    I usually unbind this skill for PvP.

• Raising Storm - extremely good damage dealer, problem is to actually HIT with it.

Try doing this:
    SD > Gust Slash > Raising Storm

It's a great starter for an air combo, I use it all the time.

Note: This skill NEVER misses!
    Be sure to use this as often as possible against those high-dodge players.

• Wyvern Blade - another GREAT damage dealer!
    ALWAYS use it in your air combos if it's off cooldown.

1. Works the same as Storm blade at rank 1 (lvl 48)
    2. Hits standing enemies at rank 2 (lvl 51)
    3. Hits downed enemies at rank 4 (lvl 57)

Stat guide

So basically here's the way I would prioritize different stats and buffs on weapons and armor, feel free to add/remove or change the order:

1. Health
  2. Critical Damage
  3. Aim Rate
  4. Agility
  5. Dodge Rate
  6. Intelligence
  7. Crit Rate
  8. Strength
  9. Physical Attack
  10. Magical Attack

Also if possible(this applies for levels 50+ mostly), try having a full Health set, and a full agility set (or hybrid agi/hlt for more HP).
This will help incredibly in PvP, especially against rangers and Ninjas with really high dodge rates.

Finally, if you havn't seen it yet, here's a sample of my playing style:

This concludes my guide for now Smile
Will be adding stuff to it as soon as I can!

Constructive criticism is VERY WELCOME!
I don't expect this guide to be perfect as it is now. Wink

And please ask if you have any questions!

Good luck with your Myrmidons!
Back to top Go down
Moony

Moony

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:14 am

well this is something like my build but only cus i didnt know things back then ;3
just some things i dont like is cut down lvl 3...
i prefer to use cutdown lvl 1 and use double X attack in air instead of using the cut down lvl 3
it can be used much easier i prefer it lvl 1 but i guess if ur not to much used to xing so just get it lvl 3.
lets see hp recovery... its not rlly usefull since it only gives 1k hp in pvp tho so i would put it lvl 0 or maybe lvl 5 if ur going to pve (since it increases pots effect)
now why not lvl 3 death bond? >.< its very usefull and funnnnnnn. i would prefer getting that then physical training.
well this is rlly it. nothing much to add to sum it up its a good build. <3 skruvi ;3
Back to top Go down
Claesbengt

Claesbengt

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:23 am

Hehe I think this is an old build though, he told me I shouldn't use physical training too ;p Will have him look at this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 am

The next skill - Cutdown - is however quite useful sometimes. At level 3 it launches enemies to the max height and can be used as a launcher both in PvP and PvE.
However, I rarely use this skill in PvP since aerial recovery is very easily activated once launched.
One way to prevent that is to first use I'm Gone Bro, wait for a sec, then launch with Cutdown. That way the other player will be attacked during the entire "flight" and can't air recover.

In my opinion, cut down is better at level 1 if you can use it right, since it gives the other person less time to air recover, it simply means you have to be faster to combo. If you can't manage it then keep on practising or get it 3/5, but I'd recommend to keep it at lv1 and get used to it.

And lastly, Sword Dance - the skill I love the most with the Warrior Class.
It's a great cast-canceller/catcher for PvP, can usually abort other player's skills and knock them down for a combo starter.
You'll only need 1 point in this one, since higher levels only give more damage (which isn't much at all).

No offence, but just lol'd at Skruvad's comment, can't catch without SD? Never knew you were that sht.
But honestly, why did you post Skruvad's build? He isn't THAT great a PvPer...

Advanced Sword Mastery same as Grizzly Power, just it's not even very good even with High STR.
Prequisite skill.

Kinda obvious since the skill is completely bugged -_-

Physical Training - another HP boost skill. Doesn't give as much as it says, but it's still worth it if you ask me.
Max this skill.

Optional to max this or not, in my opinion I wouldn't simply because you can get HP bonuses (or rather, I prefer to) from set pieces instead of wasting SP on this. Furthermore, it gives tiny amounts of hp in relation to PvP as it does not get a factor of 4 increase and 2.5k extra pvp hp for 75 SP is quite a waste.

Raising Storm - extremely good damage dealer, problem is to actually HIT with it.

Try doing this:

Fail, it can miss... just like grenadier tank, a decent dodge ranger=full of misses no matter what attack. Secondly, the combo he mentions, there is a way to escape it quite easily if you aren't fast enough, but most myrms use that combo anyway since they aren't all that creative and off the top of my head I can't think of any better combos but basically it means if you miss the launch after the raising storm, a skilled player would almost certainly escape.

Anyway, most of this Moony already mentioned.
Back to top Go down
https://nameless.forumotion.co.uk
Claesbengt

Claesbengt

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Admin wrote:

No offence, but just lol'd at Skruvad's comment, can't catch without SD? Never knew you were that sht.
But honestly, why did you post Skruvad's build? He isn't THAT great a PvPer...

Well I'm not saying Skruvad is the best PvP:er ever, I'm just saying that I, as a noob, found this guide very useful. He put a lot of time into this one and was only aiming at helping out people who just don't have a clue of how to PvP.

He can catch just fine without SD, this was way before SD was tabu'd (and yes it IS a great skill).

Admin wrote:

Kinda obvious since the skill is completely bugged -_-

Well how does a complete Myrmidon noob like me know that? It doesn't say anywhere! Wink

Admin wrote:

Physical Training - another HP boost skill. Doesn't give as much as it says, but it's still worth it if you ask me.
Max this skill.

Optional to max this or not, in my opinion I wouldn't simply because you can get HP bonuses (or rather, I prefer to) from set pieces instead of wasting SP on this. Furthermore, it gives tiny amounts of hp in relation to PvP as it does not get a factor of 4 increase and 2.5k extra pvp hp for 75 SP is quite a waste.

Very good point. Will take this one into consideration, maybe max Death Bound instead Smile

Admin wrote:

Raising Storm - extremely good damage dealer, problem is to actually HIT with it.

Try doing this:

Fail, it can miss... just like grenadier tank, a decent dodge ranger=full of misses no matter what attack. Secondly, the combo he mentions, there is a way to escape it quite easily if you aren't fast enough, but most myrms use that combo anyway since they aren't all that creative and off the top of my head I can't think of any better combos but basically it means if you miss the launch after the raising storm, a skilled player would almost certainly escape.

Well he's not saying it's a bulletproof combo (afaik), it's just a heads up.
And as far as I know it actually doesn't miss at all. ^^

Admin wrote:

Anyway, most of this Moony already mentioned.

Funny fact is that Moony teached Skru a lot about Myrm PvP (or at least that's what Skru said).
So finding a few already-known facts is to expect Wink

Anyway I'll pass this on, I'm sure he appreciates the constructive criticism! Smile
Back to top Go down
Moony

Moony

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

yea i teached him when SD was still allowed [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon 63173
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Claesbengt wrote:

Wanna test? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Claesbengt

Claesbengt

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Claesbengt wrote:

Wanna test? ^_^

Sure what's your IGN? Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 am

Well I don't have a dodge ranger with enough dodge, but my IGN is in this thread:

https://nameless.forumotion.co.uk/dragonica-general-f3/post-your-characters-in-here-t10.htm
Back to top Go down
Leo

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 am

Not sure, but I heard that maxing SD increases its range by a bit ._.

and Raising Storm can miss, just like the common ArchMage skills (pre-patch), log, Cossack, Carpet, tank... think that's all. If ya have one of the classes that can use these skills, go somewhere where the mobs are 15+ levels higher than you, take off all your aim stuff and try it. I've noticed my AM WILL miss in Drakos' higher floors (AM was lvl 48, while mobs were 67-ish).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon   [GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Skruvad's hints & tips for the PvP oriented Myrmidon
Page 1 of 1